Monday, February 7, 2011

Mystery Monday - Emma Nunn Dorn


We had a successful morning searching for obits in the Bradenton Herald.  I was thrilled to find the obit for my grandfather, Harry J. Nunn, because it further confirmed that he was indeed part of the Nunn family that I have been searching. Remember, his birth certificate stated his name was “Ignortz,” the 1900 Federal Census listed him as “Henry,” and he was known at the Peekskill Home and into the future as “Harry.”  By any name, I knew this was our “Pop.”   Finding mention in his obit of one of his siblings, Emma Dorn, was the icing on the cake.  I had suspected that Emma married someone named Dorn, but until now I couldn’t prove it.  

If there are any relatives of Emma Nunn Dorn out there – I would love to hear from you and share the wonderful stories I have found on this family!

No comments:

Post a Comment