Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Fritz Piepenburg

In 1937 Elizabeth Nunn Siebert married Fritz Piepenburg. In 1930, Fritz was living in Union, N.J. He was of German descent. Fritz Piepenburg died in Roselle Park, New Jersey on 16 August 1950. His obituary in the New York Times states:

Fritz Piepenburg of 10 Charles Street, owner of a restaurant here for many years, died yesterday at the Alexian Brothers Hospital in Elizabeth after a brief illness. He was born in Germany 63 years ago. He was an Elk.  His widow Elizabeth S. Piepenburg, a brother, William and a sister, Mrs. Frieda Hahn, survive.

I continue to search for Elizabeth’s death date as well as any information on her sister, Eva Siebert.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth Piepenburg was my unofficial 'aunt' and our neighbor for many years.She was my mother's good friend.
    I forget the exact date of her death but it was around 1964 or so.
    The restaurant was the Copper Kettle on Charles St, Roselle Park,NJ.
    She was a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this information. Actually, I learned when I made a cold call to her grandchildren, that my Elizabeth never remarried. So I was chasing the wrong person!

    ReplyDelete